Hitachi is renowned all over the world for the quality of their electronic and electro-mechanical products. Therefore, it did not come across as a surprise when their DB3DL2 cordless screwdriver kit surpassed my expectations. Powered by a 1.5Ah battery, the tool easily completed all jobs I threw at it. The manufacturers have included two battery packs, ensuring that the user could keep on doing his job with one battery while charging the other. The dual position handle was one of the primary factors that led me to purchase this device. Let us dive in and see how this beauty performs.
Hitachi 3.6 Volt Dual-Position Power Screwdriver Review
- 21 clutch settings and one drill setting
- Ergonomic dual position handle
- Lifetime warranty
- LED light
- Overload and over discharge protection circuit
- Pocket friendly price
- Inconvenient location of trigger switch
- Difficult to change the torque to the drill position
- Battery life too short (90 minutes)
Black & Decker Pivot Plus 6-Volt Cordless Screwdriver Review
The PD600 Pivot Plus 6-Volt Nicad Screwdriver from Black & Decker is a compact yet powerful tool. It offers an option between a lower-speed setting for driving with 80 inch/pounds of torque and a high-speed drilling power with 40 inch/pounds of torque. With this 3-position screwdriver and drill, you will have all the comfort and convenience necessary to get the job done.
- The battery provides fairly long-lasting run time
- It allows access to tight spaces
- It delivers reliable performance
- Its capacity to drive screws into fairly tough materials
- There is a 2-year warranty for home use
- Over time as the driver is used, the battery tends to lose its re-chargeability — this is common across all cordless batteries
Tacklife SDH13DC Rechargeable Screwdriver Review
Have you ever faced problems with an unyielding screw, which would not go into the material you wanted in to or faced problems with extracting one? This can be extremely disappointing and a wastage of time too. Thankfully, you can depend on power screwdrivers to complete the task effortlessly. To raise the bar higher, cordless models such as the Tacklife SDH13DC, allow you to handle jobs that require inserting or extracting of screwdrivers, when there is no power source available. The functionality of this black and orange colored tool beats the competitors easily.
- Includes 31 screwdriver bits
- Convenient USB charging
- Low price
- Lights in front and rear
- 2 year warranty
- Excellent for small home projects
- Not suitable for big jobs
- Build quality not durable
- Rear light not bright enough.
Black & Decker 9072CTN Battery Screwdriver Review
The Black & Decker cordless screwdriver has an automatic spindle lock for added control when starting or finishing screws. This feature is also great for manual use if desired. The cordless screwdriveralso has a forward and reverse switch. It also has a narrow which works as an extended reach for when you need to work in tight spaces. It also has a textured group which gives you a firmer hold and more confident control over the screwdriver. This tool is great for installing blinds, furniture assembly and doing other quick jobs around the house.
- The spindle lock feature allows you greater control when starting and finishing screws
- The convenient forward/reverse switch makes it easy for driving and removing screws
- The narrow nose piece allows for extended reach into hard-to-reach places
- According to many users, the product does not have much torque, approximately 20 pounds of torque and 150 RPM
- The lifespan of the product apparently is not great (this is assuming you’re using this everyday).
- The battery life is also not great – you can’t expect much from a 2.4v battery.
Makita 7.2V Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/4″ Hex Driver Review
When looking to buy a power tool for use is a myriad of fastening applications, look no further than the Makita TD022DSE 7.2V Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/4″ Hex Driver Kit. Purpose built to bring convenience, control and comfort, this cordless drill is sheer brilliance at work. So when you you trace back the history of fastening devices -from the 15th century Middle Ages, to the progressive commercialization of the Robertson Screw of 1908, and now to the current era of the ‘pistol’ type variable speed reversible cordless drills, we can safely say we’ve seen it all. However, if you’ve never tried out this cordless innovation from Makita, then you’re yet to see the rising sun of enlightened workmanship.
Pros & Cons
It’s one thing to say that a product is the best the world has ever seen, and something else altogether if AT ALL it lives up to its billing. A cursory look at this pros and cons will show you how this balanced product is a sensible buy.
- Relatively lightweight. It weighs a meager 4.3 lbs.
- Decent price. A little under $200 is a fair price for a power tool of such a high caliber.
- 3 year warranty.
- 450 RPM (revolutions per minute)
- Impressive battery power. It uses lithium ion batteries, which are a leading brand famed for being long-lasting.
- Low torque 200 lbs.
- 7.2 Volts for power is a let down considering that most power tools have power of up to 15 Volts.
Bosch Go 3.6V Smart Mini Screwdriver Review
Cordless screwdriver reviews are the best way for you to determine the best cordless screwdriver for you. The Bosch Go 3.6 V Smart Cordless Screwdriver set has a pretty self explanatory name. It is a cordless, power screwdriver set that includes a 33 piece bit set, a USB charging cord and charger, and a carrying case that accommodates the set. What makes it smart is the fact that you only have to push lightly on the screwdriver and it will screw and unscrew automatically, no button, no trigger.
- This is a very lightweight tool coming in just under 10 ounces.
- Can use as a manual screwdriver.
- Quick charging capability
- It is only a straight handle, there is no right angle setting.
- There is no LED light for dark work spaces.
- It is difficult to push down while unscrewing a screw.
DEWALT 7.2 Volt Cordless Two Position Screwdriver Review
If you are interested in a screwdriver that offers a combination of power and quality at an extremely competitive price, look no further than the DEWALT DW920K. Thanks to its two position handle, you can use this screwdriver as both a pistol grip as well as an in-line.
Changing screwdriver bits is easy with this tool as it includes a quick release hex shank. Unlike other screwdrivers in its category and price range, this model tips the scales at seven pounds (with battery), allowing you to work with it for long periods without any strain.
- Adjustable handle
- 2 rechargeable batteries
- Quick charging capability
- Limited 3 years warranty
- 90 days money back guarantee
- Small switch (used for reversing spin direction) is a headache for users with big fingers
- No LED light